Sunday, December 04, 2005

Santa Hates Mexicans?!?

OK, so I get tons of spam and junk mail in my numerous email accounts, but I got one today entitled "Get a letter from Santa Claus" and decided to open it -- just because, maybe yes, I wanted a letter from Santa.

Here's what the ad said:


Now being the old-fashioned kinda guy that I am, I thought check out the Traditional letter (as if I was going to get the Christian version, what with the mess those born-again lunatics have made in US with their political agenda and their very own shove-your-hand-up-his-ass-and-make-his-mouth-move puppet; George W. Bush ) so I hit the link and this rather curt notice popped up:
We're sorry!
This offer is not available in your area.
You will be redirected shortly.
Now if that wasn't rude enough, here's what the redirect had to say:


All I have to say is;
"Dear Santa,
Over the years, many people have accused you of making Christmas a crass, commercial opportunity for consumerism, but your apparent obsession with money ... money ... money is just outright RIDICULOUS! $9.95 for a letter ... you should be ashamed of yourself, you of all people! Sure you have a lot of positive press, but does that justify gouging us for what is undoubtedly just a form letter and not even handwritten at that? And what about the poor people, or are they like the Mexicans and they don't count either? C'mon, you're a millionaire now -- your ad says you've sent over 100,000 letters -- maybe "the season for giving" should start right there at the North Pole. And hey, big guy, free shipping for a letter??? Who do you think you're fooling? But, to add insult to injury, since you don't even "ship" to this part of the world (which I can only assume means that Mexicanos shouldn't be expecting you on Dec. 25 either), did you have to redirect me to a cheesy infomercial site on how to make money? Maybe that's where you came up with this moneymaking scheme and now you're getting a kick back for linking people from your site. Guess I'll keep my almost $10 and start searching somewhere on the internet to see if I can manage to get a phone call from you here instead. Feliz Navidad.
Signed,
Someone, among the many in Mexico, with no letter from Santa"

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis