Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Running around

It was one of those days that I spent the vast majority of my time in the car driving from one place to the next. High points would have to be seeing my old and dear friend Jennifer Katz at Starbucks and then waking my boy Dustin up (mmm mmm mmm) to come with me to the airport. I had to go all the way back out there to make a claim in person since Air Canada (as my travel agent Linda says "Scare Canada") damaged my suitcase on the way back from Mexico. In the evening, I did a private commission (family portrait) for the Longworth Family that my sister, Linda, arranged. She quoted way too cheap a price but after it was all done I was happy to have done it. Guess the holiday spirit of giving has got to me too.

And you won't hear me say this often but ... today was one of the very few days that I was glad NOT to be back in NYC. The MTA were on an illegal strike there today -- those money grubbing fuckers -- and basically ground the city to a halt leaving 7,000,000 people that usually ride the subway and buses quite literally out in the cold! Nasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis