Thursday, July 06, 2006

Superman Super Dull

Went to see Superman Returns this evening and even with all the hi-tech special effects at their disposal all I can say is ... YAWN. The only highlight for me in the entire film was Parker Posey, who I had the wonderful ocassion to seeing in NYC getting out of a cab, drunk as a skunk, and falling on her ass on the curb as she tried to make it to her apartment door.

Now I don't want you to feel bad for me because this story doesn't have a completely unhappy ending, you see the show I took in had a small child (most likely a crack baby) screaming bloody blue murder through the latter half of the film. The screeching made its cresendo right at the closing scene so that you could not, even if you wanted to (yawn again), hear the dialogue. So promptly, as the credits rolled, I found the cinema manager and demanded a refund for myself and the people I endured this two hour waste of time with. Needless to say, my request set off a chain reaction and I do think most of the audience saw Superman Returns for free. Insert evil grin here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis