Saturday, July 08, 2006

Back in School

This has been a long week as I'm back in school or so it seems since I accepted a position with Starbucks and have begun their very extensive and thorough training. I guess there is a reason why it is a Fortune 100 company. There benefits package is absloutely amazing (which becomes a major selling point when you are a freelance artist) and hell, I even get a free pound of coffee every week. I would have never thought of applying at Starbucks, although I am a frequent and habitual customer, if it hadn't been for my friend, Jennifer, who one day when we were sitting at the Starbucks in Sherwood Park announced that if she was ever to give up teaching she would go work for Starbucks. It got me thinking and now that I've settled in my new apartment with a Starbucks literally less than a block away, I figured why not! So if you're in downtown Edmonton, stop by the Jasper Avenue and 109 Street Starbucks and say hello, it doesn't matter if I'm working, chances are I'll be there for coffee anyways (for my NYC friends this will replace Big Cup for me). Ha ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis