Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Real Booty - Disney takes home your dollars


Dustin and I saw a matinee of the highest grossing movie of all time, Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest which was fun and all but nowhere near as good as the first movie, The Curse Of The Black Pearl. Johnny Depp was his usual flouncy, mincing, comedic pirate, Captain Jack Sparrow, but some of the special effects were so bad (especially with "the Cracken" the legendary monster which looked like big calamari to me) that it was reminiscent of an old Godzilla movie. And the ending is such a nasty-ass typical Hollywood cop-out in it's worst form -- a so-called shocker which only leads as the start-off point for the next sequel. Boo, boo, hiss Disney.

What I'm really looking forward to seeing is Amy Sedaris in Strangers with Candy. I saw her on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson and she was absolutely hilarious. I thought I was going to lose it when Ferguson asked her if she had pets:
"I have a rabbit, a house rabbit. I'm in a rabbit society and I have a badge, and I go into people's homes and rabbit-proof their houses and teach them about hay, and I'll clip their litttle rabbit nails, and everything. And I do a follow-up call. I live alone.

"I can talk about rabbits until I'm blue in the face. The poop is caper-sized. It'll spruce up any salad. I like having a prey animal around because they're always afraid they're going to be eaten, you know, and I like to relax them. I do give them massage. With full release.

"Rabbit people -- well, rabbit guys are different. They have rescue stories, and you know, the high-waisted pants, always talking about saving rabbits. They're not my type.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis