Thursday, June 15, 2006

I Don't Believe it (not for a second) ...

... but do this:
click here
and maybe, just maybe, I'll get a free ipod.
But I doubt it.

AND ON THE HOME FRONT:
Had a minor flood in the evening as it was one of those rainstorms where if it didn't start to relent, I was going to send Dustin out to start building while I collected 2 of every animal. In retrospect, as so often the case, it was hilarious that Dustin came in and just off-handedly mentioned that we were so flooded out in the back that he had to come around to the front door and that was flooded too. Surprised by the comment, I was even more shocked when he followed it with "So what kind of spaghetti sauce should we have?" and proceed into the kitchen and started cooking. I flipped. In a panic, after opening the front door and seeing that the water was literally at the lip of the door frame, I said "Stop cooking and call the superintendent." Anyway it all worked out okay. The super responded immediately and a plumber was there to snake out the drains within the hour. But the best part of the story is that we have really good neighbors (Sarah, Peter and Donnie) who formed a bucket brigade shovelling the rainwater with their dustpans into mop buckets and carrying them off to divert the flood. Still it was more excitement than I needed. The joys of a basement suite. And on the bright side; at least I know that the floors are properly cleaned now after I mopped them down with bleach after I got home from working Security at Buddy's at 4 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis