Monday, June 12, 2006

Calgary Pride and Photo Shoot with Scott Bolton

Dustin and I headed down to Calgary yesterday with our pal, Ian, who was up in Edmonton bartending at The Roost for Mr. Edmonton Leather. All of us had only got a few hours sleep from the afterparty at Boots but we managed to hit the road for 8 a.m. so that we were in Calgary in time for the parade. Now, not wanting to sound jaded or arrogant with my big city attitude, but after seeing NYC's Pride parade for the past 10 years (the procession goes on at least 4 hours) what I saw was just pathetic. If you had sneezed you would have missed it. What I'm even more afraid of though is that Edmonton's is in all likelihood going to be even worse.

The assembly of the crowd at Olympic Plaza was substantially more impressive but the real fun was spending the afternoon/evening with Dustin and Ian at The Eagle which was jammed to capacity (still pale in comparison to some bars I've been in back in NYC).

Then we met up with my buddy, the sexy, the handsome and the talented, Scott Bolton, who was in from Vancouver. He is the marketing director of Interactive Male phone lines and had the busiest booth (with the exception of the beer tent) in Olympic Plaza but we had talked online and he was able to spare an hour or so to do a shoot with me. Scott and I had originally met in Vancouver, when I was on my way down to Mexico. Not only is he a total stud but he's a total sweetheart too. We weren't able to shoot back then but we vowed we'd find a way at some point in the future. And this was it. Since it was already getting dark, we decided to go back to his hotel room at Hotel Arts, which was fashioned somewhat to resemble the W Hotels in NYC, and made for the perfect setting to shoot him. I'm waiting for Scott to see the photos since it was his first totally nude photoshoot and then I'll post a shot or two. I'm hoping at some point this summer/fall to get to Vancouver to do another shoot with him and possible a couple's shoot with his partner, Dan too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis