Saturday, January 14, 2006

Photos of Canada's Deputy Prime Minister

Took photos this afternoon of Canada's Deputy Prime Minister, Anne McLellan, Liberal candidate for Edmonton Centre in the next federal election. She was presenting a signed Charter of Rights to the Edmonton Gay & Lesbian Community Centre at Prism Nightclub. The photos will run in the February issue of Outlooks Magazine, but here's one of the shots with Alderman Michael Phair, who I've had the pleasure of being acquainted with for almost 20 years now since back in the day when I worked for The Phoenix Theatre and Michael was the head of Edmonton's AIDS Network.


For what it's worth, I'd much rather vote for the Liberal party, even though they have behaved criminally as a party, then vote for the Conservatives who would happily hand Canada over to George W. Bush to run. I am proud of the Canadian government for not entering into the Iraq War. I am proud of the Canadian government for not endorsing the American "Star Wars" scheme. I am proud of the Canadian government for its legalizing gay marriage. Even though these things angered the United States government, Canada held its own. I would not have these things to be proud of had we had a Progressive Conservative government. For you true Canadians out there, think carefully how you vote on January 23, I've seen firsthand how ugly American politics can be, we don't need any of George W's madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis