Thursday, January 05, 2006

A Day with the Mann

Had a really great day hanging with one of my best friends Mark Mann and his new wife, Maypu. They drove up from Bashaw, where they live in a very cool church that Mark bought over 10 years ago, and our first destination was West Edmonton Mall (I honestly haven't been in over a year) for them to get a credit on a Christmas present. Then we went shopping at HMV and I bought half a dozen of my favourite movies:
Motorcycle Diaries
La Cage Aux Folles
La Cage Aux Folles II
Bladerunner
Edward Scissorhands
Young Frankenstein
Wonder what this list will tell you about my film preferences. LOL. After the mall, we went and picked up my boy Dustin so that I could make the necessary introductions and then all of us went for dinner at the Silk Hat on Jasper Avenue. Following dinner we made our way to Value Village, Maypu's favourite store, where I got a great pair of black army boots for $20.

Earlier in the day we stopped in at Colorfast, the lab that processed all my film from Mexico. When it comes to photo labs, I sure miss Baboo in NYC. Not only do they offer more comprehensive and faster services but they are about half the price and that's with the exchange on the US dollar. Regardless, here is one of the images that I am incredibly happy with. I love the texture that film gives and the very shallow depth of field on this image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis