Tuesday, June 14, 2005

a little bit about me

(from an email to a new friend in South America)
... becoming a photographer is a relatively recent development for me -- I guess I always wanted to do it but I sort of got sidetracked along the way. I worked as a Public Relations Director for 10 years for live theatre, which was a great job and a lot of fun. I moved to NYC in August 1995 and started doing photography here in 97, the rest, as they say, is history. I'm originally from Canada a city called Edmonton, that's where I grew up and where my family still is. I try and spend as much time visiting as I can. I'm single, haven't been in a relationship in over 5 years, part of that is because I love to travel for extended periods and that makes it difficult to leave someone behind just waiting for you to return. I love NYC but if I found someplace else that I wanted to live, I wouldn't hesitate relocating. I'd love to get to South America, especially Brazil and it's been a lifelong dream to see Egypt but I don't see that happening in the near future. There's also a lot of my friends in Europe that I'd like to see sometime soon. I always thought I would live in London, in fact, it was my first choice before I took a vacation to NYC - but after 3 days, I knew I wanted to live here and it would just be a matter of time until I did. Now with a decade past, I will always have a connection with this crazy, creative, mad-paced city but I'm also feeling like it's time to move on and discover new and different places. If my career with photography continues to grow, that should be possible. The interenet has been a great thing for me, because I can do business from wherever I am in the world. Of course, it helps to be in a city like NY just because there is great demand and also because it's very inspiring and motivating to see all the other artists at work here too. It makes you want to push yourself to do more and reach greater heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis