Friday, March 11, 2005

New to blogger.com

Was previously running my blog on MSN, but they pissed me off today, so I think I'll move here. Here's the reason why:

Received an email from MSN that some of the Erwin photos were in violation of the "code of conduct" -- it scares me how puritanical America is getting. There was absolutely nothing (as in the naughty bits, can't say the actual words because that's in violation of the code of conduct too) that you could see in those shots. I guess just knowing that he was naked, is enough to shock some people. The US has to be the most hypocritical nation in the world, it is by far the most violent nation in the world (see: War in Iraq) with hourly TV shows showing people being shot, stabbed, killed in a variety of manners but when it comes to nudity or sex, people are jumping up and down trying to beat each other to be the first to complain. What is the problem people? If you don't like my photos, DON'T LOOK AT THEM. Go to another blog! The shots are meant to be viewed as "art", that's what I do. I create fine art photography. You realize that if Michaelangelo or Rodin were alive today they couldn't show some of their work on these very blogs because it would be a violation of the "code of conduct"! That's right, works of art that are regarded around the world as masterpieces such as the statues of "The Thinker" or "David", and the fresco "Creation" (which is in a church, I may add) contain nudity. Yikes, huh? Anyway enough of this rant, I removed the 3 offending photos.

Hopefully I won't have the same problems here. I'd be interested to hear from anyone that has had problems with the images they've posted. I'm not talking XXX rated, I'm talking fine art nudes.

Anyway, continuing on -- shot my pal, Jerry (who was a great model) yesterday afternoon and tried a new effect. The photo here is the result. This was entirely created in the camera, not photoshop. I did adapt the color from black and white to what you see. I love the effect, I'll be trying more of this again, maybe with two people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis