Sunday, March 13, 2005

My Dream - Go figure?

I woke up Sunday morning from a dream where I had been checking out art at some sort of exhibit but it was actually more like a Church Bazaar. I can't remember who I was with but it was a friend. Anyhow, he and I left the room where the art was, walked out the door and we were in the Church proper. We went and sat down in the pews, and a mass was going on. All of a sudden while we were talking -- oblivious to the fact that there was a service in progress, I felt a searing/stabbing pain right dead centre in the top of my skull. I felt and nothing seemed to be wrong. Scene change: Later on, like several hours later, while I was talking to this or another friend, I felt my head again and this time there was a small amount of blood, and then in trying to find the source, I found a tiny, little, round, plastic ball in my hair (which is very odd, because I've been shaving my head for the last 10 years -- it's a dream, right?). I started to pull on it and realized it was the head of a very long straight pin and that had been what caused the pain earlier. As I tried to remove it, I began to bleed quite profusely (this part of the dream was very reminiscent of a trepanation documentary I once saw in a subway station, at a booze can/bar called Siberia), and it was decided that it was probably in my best interest that I go to the hospital. Scene change: After looking at an x-ray it would appear that the pin had penetrated my brain by it's sheer length (aproximately 2 or 3 inches) and yet nothing was wrong. How had it punctureded the bone? And foremost, how did it get there in the first place? The medical staff were all in amazement. I was thinking to myself, no one's gonna believe this.

I have no idea what this dream means - someone said it was god punishing me for stepping foot in a church. I jokingly responded; that it just goes to show I must have prick on the brain. Anyone else care to venture a guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis