Friday, March 25, 2005

Friday, March 25 - A Good Friday and Photo Shoot with Manuel

Went with my roommate, Eva, and her friend and fellow photographer, Corky, to the current exhibit at Art@Large. I expected the show to be much larger, however there were a couple of interesting photos, one that had a very Diane Arbus feel and the other by LA photographer Rick Castro. I took time to introduce myself to the curator and owner, Pet Silvia, who was either very engrossed in something on his computer or very disinterested in meeting artists. Whatever the case, I walked away from the show and the gallery with a bad feeling.

In the afternoon I photographed Manuel who covers the gamut of ethnic backgrounds (German, Spanish, Filipino and Japanese). He's modelled professionally in the past and it shows in his focus/concentration in the studio as well as the final product.

That evening I went out to Queens to help celebrate my pal and former model, Dominic San Juan's birthday. He told me to call him from the subway platform, needless to say in typical New York Murphy's law, he didn't answer. So believing in my intuition, I just struck out on my own with only an address to guide. Without taking one wrong turn, I ended up right at his apartment door, which is even more amazing as he didn't give me an apt. number. LOL. I'm sure glad I found it though, the food was amazing and the men there were even tastier. One in particular, CJ, I definitely want to model for me.

All in all, it was a very good Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis