Friday, September 15, 2006

LIFE is good

First and foremost, I am looking for pledges for the AIDS Walk for Life here in Edmonton that I will be participating in on Sunday, September 24th. And there's no excuse for not making a donation/pledge, I can accept cheques, credit cards and I can also have HIV Edmonton bill you regardless of where you live. So dig down in those pockets and make me feel like I'm walking for you too!

On a secondary note, I got promoted at Starbucks yesterday to Shift Supervisor (well, once I complete my interview and training) which is quite funny because I haven't even been there my initial trial 3 months yet. Oh well, it'll mean more dollars, and I work with a great group of people, which is all good. The promotion means a 4 hour per week increase (for a total of 24 hours/week) so that'll work out ok too.

I'm enrolling in a Photoshop (specifically for photographers) class at NAIT starting next Wednesday for 5 weeks - it'll be the first classes I've taken since finishing college many years ago, so I'm quite excited. Plus it's all software stuff I've learned myself so it'll be good for me to hear how a professional does it and what tricks they have up their collective sleeves.

Speaking of school, I went to Grant MacEwan College (which is just at the end of the street from our apartment) with Dustin yesterday and we joined their Sports and Wellness Centre. Since I'm alumni it was very reasonable, and now I can get back to the gym and into better shape, since I haven't really been since I left Sherwood Park in May.

I figure I might as well start doing some things for myself instead of just feeling stranded here in Edmonton like I'm missing out on everything (read: life back in NYC).

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis