Saturday, January 27, 2007

Photo Shoot with Carlos, Mexico City


Woke up in a panic as my alarm didn't go off and it was 10am, the time I had arranged to meet Carlos at Los Bisquets. Thankfully he had a cell phone and I was able to reach him and tell him to wait. We had a quick breakfast (with my two cups of cafe con leche, of course) and headed to his apartment in Condesa. It proved to be a perfect location to do photos - decent light, nice furnishings and a very competent, discipled model. I was delighted with the images we got, especially the series with the glass vase, which I'm sure will make an exquisite exhibition print. Carlos had a beautiful physique combined with his willingness to try whatever I suggested, made for a delightful shoot. I hope to photograph him again upon my return to DF mid February.

After winding up the shoot, I headed off in the wrong direction on the Metro bus. Fortunately, you can get off and switch directions across the platform once you realize your error. Once I dropped my equipment off at the hotel, I headed over to where John is staying (Hotel Gillow) to see if he was in - he wasn't. But now I'm very curious to see one of the rooms (it has an amazingly visual lobby compared to Hotel Ambar) which may make for a nice change to shoot some models since in many ways I feel like I've exhausted what I can do at Hotel Ambar. I'll make the trek over again later in the day.

Worth noting that I got my first mosquito bite today, not sure where or when but sitting here at my laptop it's itching like mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis