Monday, April 18, 2005

Monday, April 18 - Good News & The Itchy Palm

Had a really nice afternoon having coffee and lots of laughs with my best friend here in NYC, Teshonda and her daughter Sasha. Sasha is three now and a remarkably beautiful little girl and such a princess too. She's a typical little girl and can turn the taps on in a second's notice until she gets her way, then that huge smile returns. As I said to Teshonda, she's getting everything back in spades with this child. Needless to say Teshonda responded with "Oh no you didn't".


Teshonda and Sasha, Soul Food Restaurant, Harlem, 2005 Posted by Hello

After leaving Teshonda & Sasha, walking home, my right palm started to itch. So far that is a guaranteed sign that unexpected money is coming my way. I know this sounds ridiculous and superstitious but it is yet to be wrong. Case in point: I got home and received a call from Seattle, that both my photographs that had been selected from over 900 entries as part of the 2005 Seattle Erotic Arts Festival had sold in exhibition. Which is great news -- hopefully it'll give me some leverage for participation in future shows there and elsewhere. Also it'll buy me that new Nikon D70 (insert ear to ear grin here).

I must say that it was the intensity and charisma of the model Angelo, who was the subject of both shots, that made those two images what they were. Neither would have been nearly as powerful with any other model and for that I thank him more than he knows. He now resides in Barcelona and not so secretly, I long for the day that I will be able to do another shoot with him.

Kissed By An Angel, Harlem, 2003 Posted by Hello


Tango d'Angelo, Harlem, 2003 Posted by Hello

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis