Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Monday, April 11 - my Blue day

Spent the day photographing and getting to know an incredible model, named Blue. One of the good things about being a paparazzi-style photographer covering NYC nightlife is that you never know who you will cross paths with. That's just the case with Blue. I met him at Boysroom (a lower East Side club) last week when I was there shooting for NEXT magazine. As I say to everyone "I have a good eye!" (just the one actually as the other one doesn't really work since I damaged the cornea several years ago. There's no real vision there, well there is but, it's like looking through a piece of Saran wrap coated in vaseline) and I knew instantly that he'd make beautiful images. What I didn't know at that time was how connected and quickly Blue and I would bond. He's very complex, very talented, very creative and very real. I couldn't help but like him. He's a former fashion model, with a "look" and physique that truly inspires me. The more shots I took of him the more shots I wanted to take. I can see this man becoming my new muse. And from all accounts the feeling is reciprocated as he expressed the desire to work together extensively. We have another shoot set for Thursday, April 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis