Saturday, August 16, 2008

Drumheller, Alberta


Had the wonderful opportunity to go to Drumheller with my dear friend and fellow photographer, John Hallum, who was in Alberta for a quick visit. We were joined (and driven) by another wonderfully generous friend, Mary Louise who hosted us in Calgary. My friend/model Myron rounded out the expedition crew to the land of hoodoos.

We arrived in Drumheller around 1pm on a blisteringly bright afternoon so we spent a good part of that battling families and rugrats at the Tyrell Museum waiting for better light to do our shoots. It was my first time at the museum and I loved it, although I was predisposed as I've always had an interest in archaeology and paleontology. Then after a delightful picnic lunch we made our way to Horseshoe Canyon (with thanx to Val Brandt for suggesting the location) to shoot the incredible landscape and for me, some nudes.

Here's a sample of some of the shots.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis