Monday, October 31, 2005

Useless personal trivia

Not that anyone cares but ...

a) at last count, after my first week in Queretaro, I have 13 mosquito bites.
b) now after 10 days in Mexico, I have yet to be visited by "Montezuma's Revenge" * thunk thunk
c) I am trying to budget living here on $20 day (200 pesos), so far relatively successful however the traveling from one city to another tends to blow that all to hell. Of course, if I was paying for accommodation this wouldn't be even remotely feasible however since I am housesitting for my friend John, and taking care of his two cats, it works out rather nicely.
d) I am speaking Spanish equivalent to that of a toddler and my favorite saying is "Lo siento mi espanol es muy basico." (I'm sorry my Spanish is very basic.)
e) a latte at my Mexican Starbucks, more aptly known in all it's rich cultural nuance as "The Italian Coffee Company" costs $1.80 -- a far cry from the $4.33 I pay in Canada (and the $4.28 I pay in NYC). Go figure.
f) after typing this I now have at least 14 mosquito bites.

* sound effect of knocking wood

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis